Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Every Mother's Prayer
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm,
Since You called on me to be a mom.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with building blocks,
Cooking, cleaning and finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose.

Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last weeks mail to read,
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your grace,
I see them in my small one's face;

I know You've blessed me all the while,
As I stop to kiss that precious smile.
On Mother's Day we were in Clifton for Ellie's baby dedication. It means so much to us that Paster Jerry was able to do this because he baptised me many years ago and he married Todd and I almost 3 years ago ! We had a very special day and I was reminded of how lucky and blessed I truely am ... Not only do I have my dream job of being Ellie's mommy and getting to stay home with her ... but I am and have always been surrounded by the best Moms ... My Mom is everything I aspire to be ... she is my best friend ... and I can only hope and pray to raise my children in the ways she has ! My Nana is an amazing women... and I am so grateful for the way she raised my mom ... and for the ways she has been and always will be a part of all of her grandchildren and great grand children's life ! When I sit back and look at all the Mom's in our family I realize how much they are all truly devoted to there children and that they show nothing but unconditional love to them ! They pray for their children daily ... they are all supporters, encourages, mentors and friends... Banty, Nana, Honey, Brandy, Nena, Grandma Summers, Kristy, Nana Honey ... and even my Grammy when she was here ... I am so proud to be able to call these incredible Moms my family ! I am thankful for each and every one of you ! I am thankful for the Mothers you are to your children and for the friends you are to me ! I am thankful that you are all in my daughters life and that she has already grown to know and love each one of you ! I love you all and I love my Ellie ! I thank God everyday for choosing me to be her Mom !















2 comments:

Banty said...

Mommy, Dada and Ellie thanks so much for making my Mother's Day so special! Laci, it gives me great joy to see the Mother you have become! It is a job that never ends and one that will receive the most blessings! You are in for a wonderful journey! love banty

Honey said...

Laci, I love you with all my heart!! Ellie is very lucky to have such a wonderful Mom.

i love you all,
Honey